About the Client:
Client is one of the largest government owned public sector bank in India. It has over 4500 branches across the country. Offers its customers the facility of Internet banking.
As a part of the digital transformation initiative, the client needs to oﬀer a localized Internet Banking portal in the Hindi language. Also need additional Indian languages to be able to scale.
Service: Internet Banking Portal Localization
Source language: English
Target languages: Hindi
Tools and technology used: On-premise Windows Server, Apache, Subdomains for Language Websites
- Making the portal available in a timeframe of six weeks
- Providing a scalable solution that can quickly accommodate additional Indian languages
- Highly secured portal, dealing with sensitive customer information
- Multiple reports that are user-generated in different formats like PDF, Excel, and CSV with dynamic data
- Huge amount of customer information like transactions, names, addresses
- Required to follow language rules and regulations.
- The servers were not internet-facing and resided in the bank’s infrastructure (behind firewalls). In addition, no code changes were required in the bank’s internet banking application. There was no impact on the availability of the banking application.
- The solution was configured to handle dynamic data (part of reports like account statements).
- LinguaSol continues to maintain and support the solution.
- The client`s Internet Banking Portal is now available in the Hindi Language.
- The customers can download/print their Account information statements in the Hindi language from Internet Banking Portal.