Change Management in Website and UI Translation
LinguaSol is a LanguageTech company and continuously innovates cutting edge technology products for the translation industry. From globalizing websites to localizing applications or translating documents in an effortless, quick and cost-effective way, LinguaSol provides localization and translation solutions for all business needs. With an installed base of more than 150 customers and more than one million satisfied users, LinguaSol is located in Pune.
1. How are the changes to website / web application detected?
Linguify framework has various options available for change detection, and more than one method may be used for any specific website / web application depending upon type of pages, content update frequency and SLA. Following are the options:
- Automated crawler is used for change detection for pages with static contents or dynamic non-interactive contents. Crawler is configured for traversing top pages frequently (sometimes even twice a day), and deep crawl (full website crawl) is carried out periodically (e.g. once a week). Crawling provides list of modified pages, new pages and the new contents.
- List based request with tag configuration – this method is generally used for website which is predominantly dynamic (e.g. eCommerce, retail etc.). In this method, predefined list of URLs are requested and monitored for any untranslated text. This allows Linguify to get not just the new data but also any change in the page template contents.
- Run-time collection of untranslated data – this is carried out on Linguify server.
- Page grabber is used for navigating interactive pages, and any untranslated text triggers change flag.
- In addition to the above, LinguaSol can also collect data from some intermediate database. Such method becomes useful in case of dynamic website having large amount of data.
- In case of web applications, general customer informs us about the likely schedule of changes (since web application change is a pre-planned and scheduled activity). This facilitates carrying out change management on test server, and timely updates of translations.
2. What is typical Turn-around time for translation updates?
This depends upon the SLA. For some of its customers, LinguaSol supports 4 hour Turn‑around-time (TAT) during extended business hours, which includes twice a day crawling and dedicated in-house translator.
For most cases, a daily update of top pages along with weekly deep analysis is considered adequate.
You can choose the type of update management as per your requirement – LinguaSol evolves the optimal structure for this.